Are you interested in setting up a new AdWords campaign but you don’t know how to start? Maybe you fear of losing money in useless clicks? Here are a few tips to be successful when using AdWords to advertise your business:
- Write a good headline: Just like a headline in a newspaper, it must be interesting to your readers. You can ask a question for example, to draw your readers’ attention. You can be intriguing or funny, say something incredible, make a comparison. The goal is to create a desire to know more, and so to click on your link.
- Use powerful words: Certain words have the power to make your readers click, like ‘How to’, ‘Secret’, ‘Free’, ‘Exposed’. However, use the word ‘free’ with caution, especially if your primary intent is to sell products. Make sure you’re giving away something for free if you use this word.
- Fill your ad with keywords: Use a keyword tool like Jaaxy [Affiliate Link] to find interesting words. Avoid unimportant words like ‘a’, ‘for’, ‘at’, ‘of’, etc. Don’t repeat words and capitalize the words of your ad: it helps to draw attention on what you’re proposing.
- Use similar keyword in your title and your description: Again, use a keyword tool to help you define what keywords are the most interesting ones.
- Add three dots at the end of your phrase: It brings some mystery and will more likely make your audience click.
- Add a call to action: Don’t hesitate to use words such as ‘Buy Now’, ‘Order Today’, etc. Also use incentive words like ‘Guaranteed’, ‘Save’, etc.
- Optimize your landing page: Don’t send your visitors straight to your homepage, because usually it is not designed to make them buy something. For example, if you’re selling shoes, show them directly your new collection.
- Test your ads: Rearrange the order of the words, use different but similar words, or rewrite your ad using a totally different approach.
- Focus on what makes your offer outstanding: Is it free shipping, a revolutionary product, do you offer a never seen before service? Go straight to the point!
- Make no mistake: Avoid common text ad mistakes like grammar errors, double space, bIzaRRE caPitaLIzaTioN, etc.
- Think like your audience: If you were searching Google for your own product, what would you type in the search field? Be creative!
Maybe you have your own tips for using AdWords effectively? Don’t be shy and share your thoughts with the comments below!